About this Product
- Chasing Lizards
- Completely handmade ceramic bowl made in my home studio
- 10.75" diameter 3.5" tall
- Decorated in the sgraffito method
- Glazed interior and waxed exterior
- Signed by artist
My ceramics are created by intuitive design. Each start with an idea, then the organic shape of the bowl dictates the design.
No two bowls will be alike.
Meet the Maker
Hi, I'm Gina Stark the artist behind Starlu Studio. On this site you will find my most recent work in ceramic clay. My ceramic designs are a joyful flexing of creative license combined with a primitive style of art. I also work in several other art disciplines including painting, and printmaking.
Check out my YouTube Channel, StarluStudio, to see my work in action.
Thank you for stopping by,
How it’s Made
- Sgraffito bowls are slab built and shaped when leather hard.
- I paint 3 layers of a contrasting color of underglaze on the clay.
- While still in leather hard stage, I carve out my design revealing the underlying clay to make the design.
- After the ceramic is fully dry it gets bisque fired.
- After bisque the pottery gets painted with glaze, then fired again.
- Unglazed bowls are waxed to finish. This gives the pottery a soft sheen finish.
Processing Time: I ship within 2 business days of purchase. If purchased on a weekend or holiday, it will be shipped on the following business day.
Return Policy: Returns are accepted within 2 weeks of delivery. Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs and any loss in value if an item isn't returned in original condition.